Sunday, February 1, 2009

The buzz with tuba-euphonium ensembles

I had never had the chance to play in a tuba-euphonium ensemble while I was an undergraduate student. In fact, I don't think I really knew the group even existed. When I got to graduate school at The University of Iowa, I was immediately introduced to it...now I'm hooked! There are so many things that this ensemble can do. Granted, not all music written in this genre is good, but the same can be said for band, choir, orchestra, and jazz. With this blog, I hope to discuss the importance of the tuba-euphonium ensemble, highlight some collegiate tuba-euphonium studios/ensembles, and examine professional level groups like Sotte Voce or Tubalate. In the end, I hope to show that this group is capable of doing more than polkas and drunken party songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment